from the edge of insanity

2007-09-22

It's marketed as a bike tire pump, but...

When I got a flat tire a few months ago, the first thing I did was call my dad and sheepishly ask if he could bring over his electric air compressor.

He was busy, and couldn't come for awhile. I waited for a a few minutes, then I realized I had a solution right in front of me. I called him back and said "never mind." Why did I need an air compressor to do this job? I decided I was being a wuss. And a wasteful one, at that.

My car was on the street with a flat tire at the time. I brought the bike pump out and started pumping up the flat. Andrea was so embarassed at me that she ran inside. (It takes a long time to pump up a flat, and some of the neighbors were outside. I didn't care.)

I never borrowed the air compressor, nor did I buy one of my own. And why should I have? Using a bike pump may take longer, but it's better excersie, and more rewarding. And it doesn't overheat, make loud annoying noises, or break down.

Simplicity at its best.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: